Burning Man 2024

Burning Man 2024

Welcome 2024 Burning Man Participants!

Starting July 1, 2023, the Central Nevada Health District (CNHD) became the local health authority for City of Fallon, Churchill County, Eureka County, Mineral County and Pershing County.

As such, CNHD will be the authority to permit Burning Man participant public food service, water, and septic pumper activities.

Please read the steps below to understand our process for temporary food application submittal and payment options. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call us at 775-867-8181.

Burning Man Application Submittal and Payment Information:

Step 1: Download and Complete the Temporary Event Permit Application (see below) and email the application to HealthPermit@CentralNevadaHD.org

Step 2: Our offices will review your application, generate an invoice with the appropriate amount and send the invoice to your email as soon as possible.

Step 3: Upon receipt of your invoice information, you are welcome to pay your Health Permit fee of $50.00 here:   https://portal.cdpehs.com/publicportal/guestcheckout instructions to pay online are found here:

or pay in person at our local offices or send in a check, money order or cashier’s check payment by mail written out to: Central Nevada Health District

Step 4: Upon receipt of payment, your Health Permit will be ready to pick up at Playa Info at Burning Man starting August 24, 2024 through August 28, 2024 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

We will see you on the Playa!

The Central Nevada Health District will have table at Playa Information!

Feel free to contact us at HealthPermit@CentralNevadaHD.org or (775) 867-8181 if you have any questions!

Prepare for your Temporary Food Establishment Inspection by watching these helpful food safety videos:

Be prepared with your Burning Man Self Checklist:


CNHD Burning Man Information

Burning Man

Burning Man Common Questions

Do I need to apply for a permit if I will be offering coffee with creamer? A health permit will be needed if you offer coffee with refrigerated dairy creamer, however, if you provide self-service, pre-portioned, sealed commercial shelf-stable creamer (no refrigeration needed) and/or powder-based creamers a health permit is not required for this activity.

Do I need to apply for a health permit if I will be offering store purchased biscuits (only bread)? A health permit is not required for this activity.

Do I need to apply for a health permit if I will be purchasing meat, poultry, groceries and travelling to burning man to offer different menu dishes? Yes, a health permit is required for this activity to ensure food safety, storage, preparation, handling and hygienic practices are safe for public human consumption.